With Bonfire weekend over, I am finally allowed to prepare for my favourite holiday of all time: Christmas! I’m the sort of person to hum ‘Jingle Bells’ in August, so forcing myself to wait until now has been hard. And truthfully, I have lapsed a bit (a lot) – I have already done all of my Christmas shopping! I know, I know, I’m keen, but I like to be organised when shopping for my loved ones. One thing I don’t love, however, is being caught unprepared when gifted with an unexpected present. True, not everyone expects a present in return, but if someone has gone to the effort to choose something for me, I like to reciprocate. These double-duty baubles are perfect – you can whip a few up and keep them in your bag for this situation, and forever be known as the ultimate present-giver.
What you will need:
- Clear bauble (I used this and removed the sequins)
- Small gift
- Christmas accoutrements (I used these felt snowflakes (also check out Paperchase’s adorable table scatters here) and this beading)
- Remove the top of the bauble.
2. Fill the bauble with your accoutrements.
3. Once you have filled the bauble with decoration, place your gift inside. I wanted to suspend my necklace in the bauble, so I used a small amount of Sellotape to affix the end of the necklace to the inner opening.
4. Replace the hanging fixture by squeezing the two prongs together and inserting into the opening.
It’s as simple as that! Once your recipient has removed their gift, the bauble can return to the tree for the coming years.
This would work equally well with sweets, jut be sure to wash the bauble with hot soapy water first.